Lecturer in Applied Mathematics
The University of Adelaide
School of Mathematical Sciences
Closing date: 24th April 2020
The School of Mathematical Sciences is seeking an outstanding individual for a fixed-term position as a lecturer in applied mathematics. The successful candidate will contribute to the teaching program and research effort of the School.
The School is responsible for teaching mathematics programs from the Bachelor to PhD level with specialisations in pure mathematics, applied mathematics and statistics, as well as providing high quality service teaching into other degree programs. It provides an active and vibrant research environment and is internationally known for its research across all three of its disciplines. Within applied mathematics, the School has research strengths in dynamics, modelling and computation, and in stochastic modelling and optimisation. Candidates with research interests in areas such as fluid mechanics, solid mechanics or dynamical systems are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be successful you will need:
- A PhD or equivalent in an area of applied mathematics or a related field.
- Research ability that supports the School’s research interests in applied mathematics supported by a record of research achievements, as evidenced by publishing, attracting externally funded research grants and holding a research program in an area or applied mathematics.
- Enthusiasm and ability to teach effectively at all levels, including lecturing large classes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in students and an ability to motivate them including encouraging intellectual development and career aspirations.
For more information and to apply, click here.
**Mention you saw it on the AustMS website**