The George Szekeres Medal
The George Szekeres Medal was established in 2001 for“an outstanding contribution to the mathematical sciences”.
A medallion, bearing Professor George Szekeres’ portrait, was presented to him at the Annual Conference in 2002, the first year of the award.
The George Szekeres Medal is awarded in even numbered years.
(Find out more about background and rules of the medal.)
George Szekeres Medal winners to date are:
- 2018 — Professor Peter Taylor
- 2016 — Professor James M. Hill FAustMS
and Professor Gus Lehrer AM, FAA, FAustMS
- 2014 — Professor C.E. Praeger AM, FAA, FAustMS
- 2012 — Professor Ross Street FAA, FAustMS
and Professor Neil Trudinger FAA, FRS, FAustMS
- 2010 — Professor Peter Hall FAA, FRS, FAustMS
- 2008 — Professor J. Hyam Rubinstein FAA
- 2006 — Professor Anthony J. Guttmann FAA
- 2004 — Dr Robert S. Anderssen AM
- 2002 — Professor Ian H. Sloan FAA
and Professor Alf van der Poorten AM